Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Smart Cookie

"Remember that I am thy creature; I ought to be thy Adam, but I am rather the fallen angel, whom thou drivest from joy for no misdeed" page 69


When Victor finds the creature, I was expecting the creature to be violent and speak in moans and groans. However, the creature calmly approaches Victor and speaks extremely eloquently and maturely like he has known the language for years. Then he makes an allusion to the biblical story of Adam and Eve. I think the author does this to show how far advanced the creature really is. In order to make that kind of allusion, the creature must have an understanding of the bible, literature and human interactions. That is something not found in a two year old. I think something must have happened to the creature that made him learn these things so quickly. He seems very mature, even more mature than Victor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment