Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Poor Creature

"They spurn and hate me. The desert mountains and dreary glaciers are my refuge. I have wandered here many days; the caves of ice, which I only do not fear, are a dwelling to me, and the only one which man does not grudge." page 69


I really feel bad for the creature. I greatly sympathize with him because he is completely on his own. Starting from the very first day he was created, he had to learn to live on his own because his own creator deserted him. He can't go anywhere with people or meet anyone because everyone is petrified of his looks. I can't imagine not being able to walk, talk or know what's going on and being left in the world to fend for myself. It's remarkable that the creature is talking and thinking philosophically and this makes me have a lot of respect for him. The creature's misfortunes makes Victor look like the bad guy. It's definitely the opposite of what I first thought because I envisioned the creature being this horrible being trying to maliciously kill people which isn't true at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment