Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Bride of Frankenstein

"I shuddered to think that future ages might curse me as their pest, whose selfishness had not hesitated to buy it's own peace at the price perhaps of the existence of the whole human race" page 121


I understand where Victor is coming from when he says this. He knows he has already caused so much pain so he doesn't want to risk endangering more people. However, I don't think not creating the female creature was a good idea. Victor knows that by not creating the female creature, he will anger the monster and that anger could result in murder. The monster gave him is word that he would leave and never harm Victor if Victor granted him this wish. I know Victor probably doesn't trust the creature because he killed William but I think Victor owes it to the creature to follow through. Victor hasn't given the monster anything at all and he was the one who created it. I think Victor should have followed through with his plan because it could have potentially made the creature happy. This happiness would have resulted in Victor and Elizabeth being safe and happy. So I'm not sure exactly what Victor was thinking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment