Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Oh Victor

"Dear Sir, you are very kind to visit me; you, I hope, do not believe that I am guilty."
"I could not answer." page 59


I feel like Victor is a protagonist and an antagonist. He is the main character of the story and I do sympathize with him because he feels like he is responsible for William's death because he created the creature. However, if he is so certain that the creature murdered William then why does he sit back and let Justine be convicted of the crime??! In that way I feel that Victor is the antagonist because he is creating more troubles and problems for people. He angers the creature by leaving him and being cruel to him when he sees him which I think could cause the creature to act out which won't be good for anyone. I think Victor has good intentions just like he was really interested in science and wanted to invent something new. But he makes bad decisions sometimes. Letting Justine be killed and running away from the creature literally seconds after creating him were two examples of those bad decisions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment