Monday, April 23, 2012

The Great Gatsby- 5

"It was a matter of chance that I should have rented a house in one of the strangest communities in North America." page 4


This story is told in first person from the point of view of Nick Carraway. I like Nick and I think his perspective is interesting because he is the one who Gatsby opens up to and he has connections to Daisy and Tom. However, I kind of wish we could see the perspectives of other characters. I really want to know what Daisy is thinking. She seems like such a strong character, always trying to hold it together. But she kept getting emotional when she was with Gatsby. I really want to know why she is staying with Tom! If she knows he is cheating and making her look like an idiot then why is she still married to him and act like nothing is wrong. There has to be a reason. And I want to know what she thinks about Gatsby, although I guess that could be revealed in time. I would also love to know Gatsby's perspective on things. His real story about what he did to get all of his money. Lots of emotions are revealed through his conversations with Nick, but I still feel like there is more to him. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with wanting to know why Daisy would ever stay with Tom even though he has been cheating on her since the beginning. However, I have a feeling that she might run away with Gatsby, at least I hope.

    ReplyDelete