Thursday, August 11, 2011

Well that was surprising- 18

"Do I go too far?" And now: "Do we continue?" I realised, with a little chill, that these questions had never been for me, or for Tommy, but for someone else--someone listening behind us in the darkened half of the room." (Never Let Me Go, page 255)


This chapter was very suspenseful and raised a lot of questions. I was really confused by the way Madame was acting and how she kept asking these questions. The fact that the person in the shadows was Miss Emily was definitely a shock, yet I don't really know what I was expecting. And when Madame said, "It's you they've come to speak to" it makes me think that the rumors are true, and Tommy and Kathy might get a defferal. Although the whole defferal thing is a little weird. I mean after the three years is up, then what? Do they go back to exactly what they were doing before?


I also really want to know who the man was that Madame was speaking to. They never addressed if she was married or not. I wonder is she has a husband? I also want to know why Miss Emily is living with Madame. I'm sure these questions will be answered soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment