Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ruth says sorry?-17

"The main thing is, I kept you and Tommy apart." Her voice had dropped again, almost to a whisper. "That was the worst thing I did." (Never Let Me Go, page 232)


In my opinion, this is the climax of the story. I feel like the plot has been leading up to this moment when Ruth FINALLY admits that she has wronged Kathy. I'm not saying Kathy is completely innocent, because she isn't; but Ruth did some pretty awful things to her. From the beginning, I thought Tommy and Kathy liked each other, that's why I was so shocked when Ruth and Tommy became a couple. It really makes me angry that Ruth was just with Tommy to keep her away from Kathy.


I'm glad Ruth finally admitted it and is trying to correct a wrong, but seriously did she have to wait this long? I'm not sure if Tommy and Kathy will be able to be a couple now. I think they do have feelings for each other, but with all the history they have, it will be hard to start fresh. 


I'm also glad that when Ruth died, her and Kathy were on a good note. I didn't think they would ever get that way, but I guess as they grew up, they became wiser and less childish. I think Kathy's friendship with Ruth will always mean a lot to her, but now her and Tommy can be together without Ruth hanging over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment