Thursday, February 2, 2012

Othello- Personal Reflection- Iago

"Demand me nothing. What you know, you know. From this time forth I never will speak word." Act V.ii.302-303


I'm actually kind of glad Iago didn't reveal his motives. I mean I was curious as to why he continued so long with his corruption of Othello. However, I think Iago not revealing his motives was the right way to end the play. By Iago not saying why, the audience is left with questions. This leads to discussion and disagreement among people. Everyone will have different theories about exactly why Iago acted the way he did which I think is really cool. Also, since Iago smiled at the end of the movie and continued to mock Othello even after he was stabbed, I think it showed that Iago won. Usually in stories, the main character wins and Iago was the main character of the play. I think the people who were almost rooting for Iago because he was telling the story also benefited from the ending. Iago got discovered but he also caused a lot of mayhem.

No comments:

Post a Comment